Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Thursday 6 September 2018

Last Days of Summer

So, the last days of summer are here and what a summer it's been!

As usual I've struggled with the garden, but it has looked pretty and I'm sorry to see things are starting to fade now.  Next year I must remember not to put Cosmos in pots because now I have the stand for the pots they're far too high!


I have also discovered how planting perennials makes things so much easier


although I don't think I can give up my snapdragons and marigolds. 

The apples this year have been amazing


and all the plums I've been given have resulted in 35 jars of jam!


In the greenhouse I've been growing enormous Beef Tomatoes which have been excellent for pasta sauces

but some of them really were truly enormous


The other success were the courgettes - I've cooked them every way possible and they are still appearing, although not for long judging by the look of the leaves


and I have no idea what those enormous squashes are!

And then, of course, there's the story of the apron.......First you make a very pretty apron

















but don't know where to hang it so you get a  Shepherd's Hut,


and that's fine but what are you going to use a shepherd's hut for?  Of course!  A changing room for the Hot Tub!

So Jonathan's been building the base but I wasn't too impressed when I saw where he was storing his cement mixer

 
and since we're in the workshop, here's Ros's Penny rug which she started at one of our workshops
 

and, yes, tomorrow Sandra and I are getting together to finalise our Autumn Schedule......

No comments:

Post a Comment