Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Monday 20 April 2020

We've Got to Stop......

I just had a flurry of e mails from quilting friends and we were all worrying about not accomplishing anything - me included.  I keep starting stuff and then moving onto something else.  Twice last week I put the hoover in the hall ready to do a bit of housework.  Then, come evening, after stepping round it all day Jonathan asked me if I wanted him to put it away, and I said he might as well.

Anyway, after all the e mails I went upstairs to get something, looked out the window, and decided there was a lesson there:



Just snoozing in the warm sun.

We are all so worried about not being busy when we should all just ease into a slower pace and enjoy it. 

Spring is coming along beautifully - I had to deliver newsletters around the village yesterday (wearing gloves) and thought everyone's gardens looked so pretty.

Up in the wood the Bluebells are out.


All the trees are in blossom and the Tulips everywhere are beautiful this year.

I'm so pleased with the lovely Wallflowers Eileen gave me back in the Autumn


this picture doesn't really do them justice - their scent is glorious.  My mother used to plant loads of Wallflowers every Autumn and her garden would burst into life every spring.

So really, I think we need to just kick back and enjoy taking time to 'smell the roses'.

Right, got to get on now: I need to get the washing in, then do the ironing, hoover the house and if I have time I'll get some gardening done.



No comments:

Post a Comment