Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Saturday 4 April 2020

Good Morning!

Well, I woke up at about 5.30 and lay in bed looking out at the sunrise on the frosty fields, and then, as I watched, a heavy mist descended.  I decided it was time to get up and get all my morning jobs done. 

It's funny how the bigger picture has become so different very quickly, but life on a farm keeps pretty much to the usual routine.  Every morning my first task is to let out the chickens and feed them.


I'd like to say that I collect the eggs too but either their laying has become extremely sporadic or something is getting there before me.

NEWS FLASH  - this blog is taking so long to load that I leave it and go off and do other things while it is working.  Well, I just went to look out the window and saw a rook with something big and white in his beak, sitting on the fencing around the chicken run.  I watched as it flew down into the grass and then stealthily went outside.  He saw me and flew into the geese field so I ran down and he flew off.  I went to where he had been and there it was - a whole egg.  I could hardly believe it - so they HAVE been stealing the eggs.  This means war....

Next I head over to the geese - let them out and give them some corn.


Then take the dogs out for a walk around the garden
 


And finally out to feed the pet lambs




So that's the morning routine - all done by 8.00am.

And then I figure out what to do with the rest of the day....and that can take all day.  Although, following the News Flash above, I shall probably spend all day staking out the chicken house.

No comments:

Post a Comment