Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Saturday 29 October 2011

Crochet Day

A great start to the day as I looked out and saw all the lovely Autumn colours
Looking out over the front lawn along the valley to East Garston and Goodings hill opposite

Now that a lot of the leaves have fallen, we can just see our last caravan down on the site.  The CL season has come to an end, and we will be re-opening next march.  Hopefully we'll get a lot more crafty folk next year!


One caravan hidden among the trees

The Crochet day was great fun.  Amanda brought a selection of wool for everyone to use
and then we all got stuck in!


By lunchtime most of us had little sample pieces which looked like worms or flower pots, but by tea time there was some pretty serious crochet happening, and a lot of talk of chains, doubles, triples and squares going on!


And some of us had even got a rhythmn going!

Thank you Amanda - a great class.  Only bad thing about it is that I've got out the blanket I started crocheting three years ago, and have decided to finish that instead of finishing knitting my poppy, my knitting sampler, quilting my trip around the world, stitching my Clare Kingslake sampler, piecing my jelly roll quilt.........

No comments:

Post a Comment