Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Thursday 14 February 2013

Valentine Bear

Had such a laugh making our Valentine Bears yesterday - it's always really good fun, once people get over the fact that so many little pieces have to be sewn together!  But it's hand-stitching so not too stressful and there's always a lot of chat because you're not talking over the sound of the machines.  Yesterday's chat included quite a bit on farmers love of figurines.  Jacqui said she was surprised to see a tiger statue in the house of a farmer friend, and asked if we had any.  Well, we don't, but we do have horses, pigs, cows, ducks, chickens, geese, a gorilla and loads of elephants.  When I mentioned it to Jonathan his eyes misted over at the thought of a tiger - I reminded him that I'd put a ban on any more ornaments being brought into the house a couple of years ago.  What is it with farmers and ornaments?  And farmer's wives and lady figurines?  I only have two - but I do love them even if Margaret did make it clear that perhaps they were not in the best possible taste.  I don't care what she says, the Florence lady STAYS, to be admired by all who view her!!!  and I'm really trying to forget the mention of plastic........

Anyway, at least I made another little bear - black this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment