Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Thursday 2 May 2013

Phew!

What a week!!
I've spent more time in the workshop this week than in the house (- and yes, it shows!) - first we had the Charm Pack weekend workshop.  I wasn't going to start another project......but then I did.  It was actually a lot of fun, and we managed to get so much more accomplished in two days.  Here are some of the works in progress:





I'll put mine up when it's finished!

Then we had Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch where the sun drew everybody out - there was quite a crowd.  Some of us were working on the hospital quilt which is now very near to completion.

On Wednesday the new Beginner's course started and it was lovely to see all the enthusiasm.

Then today we had the Medallion workshop......Sheila has now lapped me twice as she's on her second Medallion, Jenny has overtaken me, and Jan, who I thought was my comrade in behindness, has suddenly had a surge and gone ahead too.  Oh well, I'll get there in the end.

Things have been a bit bleak on the farm, with TB reactors resulting in Jonathan losing 6 cows (three with calves so he'll have to hand raise them) and the lovely Aberdeen Angus Bull.  It's so upsetting for farmers and little seems to be done to stop the spread of TB.  We'll be cutting the herd down as a result and many farmers are just giving up.  I can see the day when you are more likely to see a badger in the field than a cow in the meadow.

Still, all the youngsters are growing up, the goslings are getting quite tall:

Bottoms up!

And my pet lambs are loving the sunshine:


They are all doing really well!




No comments:

Post a Comment