Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Saturday 12 March 2016

A Foggy Walk

I woke up this morning knowing I had to tidy up the airing room, do a load of washing and ironing, do some food shopping, spring clean the workshop and take the dogs for a quick walk.

So I took Millie down the drive for a quick walk,


looked around at all the thick fog (which wasn't there when I let out the geese and chickens this morning), and decided to keep on walking!

Millie and I headed up the byway to Rogers Wood.


and looked at all the storm damage (are we on storm Zebedee yet?)



 
With Easter fast approaching I was reminded of how every Good Friday I'd make Hot Cross Buns and we'd have a picnic in Rogers Wood - whatever the weather!
 


 
Anyway, Millie and I walked on - and it was strange not to be able to see where we were heading
 











or where we'd been!













And the telegraph wires disappearing



Even at the trig point, which is the highest point around here and normally you can see right across to Inkpen and beyond, we couldn't see a thing!
 

But as we came down Lorne Hill the fog was starting to lift












and the sun was shining by the time we got back to the drive

 
 
Very pleased to see the pair of ducks which have taken residence - little ducklings soon, I hope.



 

2 comments:

  1. We had it here too but it lifted by 11.30 and became a beautiful spring day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah, what a lovely post that is! The fog pictures are brill, and little Victoria and George. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete