Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Sunday 1 January 2017

A Puzzling New Year!

So - I'm hoping this is not a sign of how 2017 is going to go.

As I do every year, this year I bought a new Christmas Puzzle - a picture called 'Sunset on Snowflake Lake' by Thomas Kincade - very seasonal.


I made a start on it and really struggled.  First of all I searched out the four corners  but they didn't really match the picture - I had expected two to be pink, one snowy and one dark green but three were green and one was blue.

As I started to put the two sides together one was very distinctly blue with bits of cloud, and the other looked like a muddy track.  I decided the picture on the box must have been cropped and persevered.

However, more and more it was looking nothing like a winter lake scene.


Inside the box was a little catalogue showing all the puzzles so, because, by now, I was really puzzled, I had a quick look through.

Unbelievably I believe my puzzle is 'Lovelight Cottage'!!

 
The wrong puzzle was in the box!!  How often does that happen?

So now I have to try and make this puzzle using the tiny, postage stamp size picture in the catalogue.  I'll be lucky if I finish it by Easter!!

Any way,

Happy New Year

and let's hope this is the worst of my struggles in 2017!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, that is bad luck! I'm sure that's the final kick from 2016 rather than a sign for this year :-)
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with the puzzle. I forgot to get mine out this Christmas. It is half done from last Christmas!

    ReplyDelete