Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Sunday 12 February 2017

Slow? Moi?

Not slow so much as unfocused....

I would like to say I've finished my Medallion quilt top - but I haven't quite.  I have, however, finished what I think is border number 6 - and it has taken me six years!  Six years!!

So what started as a project to use three old (very old, about 30 years I reckon, although they weren't that old when I started) Laura Ashley dresses, has gone on and on and on.


The end is in sight though and that is a very nice feeling!  It helped that this weekend has been so bitterly cold - all you felt like doing was battening down the hatches and since I'm not quite prepared yet to sit in front of the fire all day I decided to get my head down and finish that border!

We have a nice workshop coming up on Wednesday - this very traditional heart hanging: look in any old quilt book and you'll see some version of it, and of course very appropriate for Valentine's Day.


A nice way to learn applique because it has both convex and concave curves, and can be used as a hanging or a little cot quilt.  I've also seen versions used as friendship quilts, with little messages stitched into the hearts.  There are still a couple of places on the workshop if anyone fancies joining us.

Now, onto the next border..........

No comments:

Post a Comment