Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Thursday 26 October 2017

November 5th is fast approaching, so it's time to get the sheep glammed up before introducing them to our five rams.

Feet are trimmed and cleaned, and their wool is tidied up.

 
Of course, when you're trimming their feet, you have to be careful that the ewe doesn't kick out, and send the trimmers flying up in the air, only for them to come flying back down and impale themselves into your arm.  Which is what Jonathan did, which is why we are now back and forth to the surgery, collecting dressings and antibiotics.

Still, they've managed to sort out about 125 of the ewes in two days, even with the interruptions, and the rams are showing a lot of interest in the ewes, if only from the other side of the fence.


I had quite a nice surprise this morning - I couldn't bare to look at the pumpkin patch since I discovered that my lovely big pumpkin had been hit by the one-off frost we had a couple of weeks ago, and had completely rotted.

Well, yesterday a couple of ladies and I were looking at my Cosmos, which is refusing to die this year


and I really thought I should go and sort out the dreaded pumpkin patch.

Well, all the little ones were completely fine, and I think they are really pretty.  Jonathan asked what I was going to do with them and obviously I'm going to make a lovely Hallowe'en arrangement with them - or at least put a few out on the bench with the big one from Tesco's!


However warm it is, we really are in the middle of Autumn, and I've had some lovely walks with the dogs this week, in wind and rain, and Millie has loved sniffing through all the fallen leaves.



2 comments:

  1. Wow yr pumpkin harvest is brilliant. Poor Jonathan. Suppose he still had to do the job even after he was injured. Can.t believe those cosmos. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete