Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Sunday 18 February 2018

Beautiful Day

What a lovely couple of days we've had - misty, frosty mornings and then bright sunshine.

I was determined to start this post off on a positive note - so many people were really cross with me for saying how miserable it's been, however, credit where it's due, and the sun has shone for us this weekend.

Perhaps because of the sunshine, I have been enjoying making a Penny Rug in preparation for our workshop next month.


It's quite time-consuming but worth it, I think, and I was surprised at how thick it is when you put all the circles together.


I have also made a start on the Janie Crow Mystical Lanterns.  The pattern is really easy to follow (I only had one 'What's that supposed to mean?' moment and, after taking a deep breath and telling myself to get a hold, managed to work it out) and I'm quite excited about cracking on with it.


I'm following her recommendation to be completely random by taking a ball out of the bag without looking at the colour, which means that some of the colour combinations don't really rock my boat, but I imagine that once I've done 150 or so the colours will look quite different.

Wonder if they'll tessellate?
 


2 comments:

  1. Lantern blanket looks very exciting. I think the colours are going to look great. I like the penny patches too.

    ReplyDelete