Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Thursday 3 January 2019

Happy New Year to Everyone!

Well, this Christmas is going on for EVER!

And I'm hanging on to it - I've never been one of those people who take their decorations down before Twelfth Night, (a friend of mine used to take hers down on Boxing Day, and this year she said she wasn't going to put any up) so I'll be taking mine down on Saturday.  I went to Marlborough yesterday and was pleased to see the Christmas lights still up, and on, both there and in Hungerford.

As ever, this Christmas has included lots of home made gifts....



.....my quilting friends and I exchanged home-made gifts and I was thrilled to receive the collection below:


My gifts to them were the cause of some considerable pain.....back in October I had the idea of making little scissor purses for them, and then four days before we were due to exchange I decided I'd better get on and make them.  I stalled for two days with the prototype which went horribly wrong and was thrown aside.  Then I sent to work again and literally a couple of hours before I had to hand them over, managed to finish them.


They weren't too bad in the end.

Then some of the ladies at pitch and Stitch found the prototype and insisted it couldn't be thrown away, so I changed it a bit and turned it into a tissue holder for my Auntie Pauline.


Hmmmn.

And Isaac enjoyed his home made gift from me


made from the pattern I bought from Tactile Treasures and the Ally Pally.

Anyway, we have had a lovely Christmas with our little grandson coming over so everyone finally got to meet him, and I got to spend lots of money on essential things like cots, highchairs, activity centres and various musical toys.  I was so pleased to be able to put in Victoria's room this musical box which my cousin Jen, and her husband Steve, made years ago.  That's it, in the picture at the top of this post and it still works as good as new. 

We've sung lots of carols, eaten lots of food, visited friends and family and had visitors here.  I just finished my Christmas puzzle yesterday


which is a bit special because my sister, who leant it to me, knows the artist who painted the original picture - Mary Tozer.

And I even convinced everyone to join me on a shrooming expedition up in the woods and we found some very interesting specimens


which I can now attempt to identify with my lovely book I was given for Christmas!



Possibly the biggest surprise was my discovery of these

 
under the Hazel tree at the top of our drive - there are loads of them.  Have I been going around with my eyes shut all these years?


No comments:

Post a Comment