Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Thursday 4 April 2019

Cold, Wet, Windy Weather.....

So, clearly, we're lambing!  It's got off to a slow start, which isn't a bad thing - especially since invariably the sheep like to lamb right at the top of the hill, so we have to walk all the way up there to bring them down (and in the absence of George, I can't stand at the window with the binoculars and send him up to bring them down).


That was the first set of twins.

Once Jonathan has treated them we put them out into the bigger paddock, with the alpacas to protect them.  One of the most annoying things they can do on a cold, wet, windy day is tumble under the fencing


so I have to go out, catch them, and reunite them with their mothers:


and off they go without a backward glance!

In between times I have managed to finish my traditional Penny Rug - I'm quite pleased with it.


But what is really special is that underneath each of the circles is an actual old English penny.  Eileen gave them to the workshop because rather have them sitting in a pot, she liked the idea of the mat falling apart in years to come and people finding the pennies. 

They are called Penny Rugs or Mats because traditionally pennies were stitched into them to weigh them down.


Now that little project is finished I'm working earnestly on my Janie Crow Magic Lanterns blanket,


Oh my word...I hope I like it in the end!

Now, if only the rain would stop I could take this little girl out for a walk.....





No comments:

Post a Comment