Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Sunday 18 August 2019

At Long Last.....

I can declare my Medallion Quilt well and truly finished....


Don't look too long - just scan over it.

How many mistakes?  Oh Lord, I can hardly bare to look at it but in the end it was just a matter of getting the thing done - and apologies to Lynne Johnson: this is what a quilt looks like when you don't listen to the teacher and carry on regardless of whether things are working out or not.

Mo very kindly said it must have taken me hours - clearly she doesn't know the half of it.

I think I started it in 2011.  At the time I was very aware of how much quilters spent on fabric and wanted to show that it could be done using fabric you already have.  I selected four dresses I really liked, but which were at least 20 years old.  One was a Miss Selfridge, two were Laura Ashleys and the third was one I'd bought when I'd gone for an interview in London when I was 23!!  I was also given some Liberty fabric and the rest would be white cotton.

To begin with the central Medallion was unpicked at least 5 times before it went right. 

Back in 2012 I had got this far:



And then unpicked and unpicked.....

and so it went on, until finally in 2017


I started quilting it!

And now it's finished, and I can move on........


No comments:

Post a Comment