Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Friday 3 August 2012

Summer Break

Wow!  Olympic Fever has hit Lorne Hill Farm!  I'm glued to the TV and loving it all!  I'm keeping everyone informed as to where we are on the medal table and I watched the gymnastics so avidly whilst doing Japanese folded patches that reality has become a little blurred and I'm not sure which I'm best at, the Japanese folded patches or the Japanese handstand.  I've been so inspired by it all that I'm determined to master touching my toes with legs straight by the end of it all.
Now August is here it's time for our summer break.  Although Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch continues as always, we don't run any workshops in August, although Sandra and I are putting our heads together to work out the Autumn schedule which will recommence in September.

We had the last of the Medallion Quilt Days from the Spring schedule on what was one of the hottest days of the year - the workshop was more like a sweatshop!  A few of the ladies have finished their quilts now - and they look tremendous!
Some are coming along nicely

and some are forging ahead on their second Medallion!

So - there will be spaces on the Medallion Quilt course in September so new people can join. Thanks to the brilliant Lyn Johnson, our teacher, we also have a fantastic new method for basting the quilts - no more crawling around on the floor or taping to tables, using two 4x2s we can baste a whole quilt, in comfort, in a morning:
Pure genius!













We also had a Mariner's Compass workshop recently with Anne Jervey.  It was hand stitched and I used Pauline's fabric and am making it the centre of a quilt for her granddaughter.  I am surrounding it with Japanes patches so the whole quilt will be hand-stitched.  Very girly but quite pretty, I think.

Right, got to go now - I think I'm playing handball next.

No comments:

Post a Comment