Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Sunday 6 April 2014

Lambing

It's all go around here!
We started lambing last weekend and they are popping out thick and fast!

Minutes old.....


 
Finally found what they were looking for!
 
 
Last night I was walking a couple of lambs and their mum down to the paddock (once they've lambed we bring them closer to the house for a day - not always so easy) when I heard a burp next to me.  I looked around and a big old ewe looked me in the eye and gave another burp.  "Is that you Lucy?", I said and she came up for a stroke and then went on her way.
 
Five years ago I bottle-fed Lucy and Mabel for months.  When they got bigger, but weren't yet weened, we moved them to the chicken paddock.  One day in July there was quite a heavy rain shower, and I happened to look out.
 

I wondered why all the chickens were out, and took a closer look:



 
Lucy (on the right), and Mabel were not stupid - why get wet when there is a perfectly nice little house to sit in?


 

2 comments:

  1. I love this blog entry......so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thanks to Ken Tarbox for publishing these pictures originally on the East Garston website - they were on our old computer which Jonathan threw out last week when I was at work and I thought I'd lost them forever!

    ReplyDelete