Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Thursday 18 September 2014

Lynne's Quilts

Spent a very pleasant afternoon yesterday showing off Lynne's beautiful Medallion Quilts and eating cupcakes and drinking squash! (- as usual, Sandra C. said how delicious the drink was and asked if I'd made it myself - I said that if by that she meant adding water to orange squash then, yes, I had made it myself).

We put the quilts on stands in the garden first but after they'd blown down twice (lovely sunny day but the wind kept whipping round in all directions) we gave up and put them in the workshop - a bit of a squeeze but Sue said it was cozy!

Lynne's stunning Antique Wedding Sampler
 


Lynne chatting to Jenny and Sue

 
 Sue also brought along a quilt she started at the weekend workshop we held earlier this year:

So now she's started designing her own quilts!

It was nice to see our quilting friends yesterday and some new faces - a good launch to our Autumn term!

This afternoon I walked Rheuben down to the pond and was thrilled to see two dragonflies flitting about - I came back for my camera and spent about 20minutes trying to take a picture!



Then, since I had my camera with me, I took some snaps of some of the beautiful late summer colours I've noticed in the garden:
 


This Dahlia is lucky to be here - I almost pulled it up in the spring thinking it was an elder!
 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment