Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Sunday 12 October 2014

Ally Pally

What a busy time we've had!

Sandra, Jacqui, Laurien and I - and later Barbara too, went to the Knitting and Stitching Show at the Alexander Palace yesterday.  I've never been before and loved it and was very cross that I left my camera at home.  When we got there (courtesy of a coach laid on by Miss Lemon's wool shop in Pewsey) I was amazed at the beautiful view across London.  Then we went in and it was such a beautiful building - all arches and glass.  Then we went shopping!!  First some fat quarters from Puddleduck quilts,

then some bits and bobs from the Bead Spider and then I moved on to the knitting.  The first stand that grabbed my attention was Hobbywool - a Latvian shop which sold patterns for beautiful socks and mittens.  The socks were out of my league but I bought the mitten kit - just £10 for this beautifully presented kit:

The more observant among you will notice the chewed looking edge to the pattern - that's courtesy of Rheuben; I left it on the kitchen table whilst I was writing the above.  He's really in the dog house now.

Then I went to Toft and saw a beautiful jumper I'd love to knit.  How much is the pattern I asked?  £5 seemed reasonable - and the wool?  £99 and I'd get the pattern for free.  After picking myself off the floor I opted for just the pattern (Sandra assured me the jumper would be amazing with such beautiful wool but I reminded her of my knitting skills) and then scooted over to Black Sheep Wools and bought 12 balls - 50% alpacha and 50% wool - down from £75 to £35:  way to go!!

I think some other things crept into my bag too but this is all I'm admitting to!

Meanwhile, we've been busy in the workshop - a great Yoko Saito Town Quilt Day












and Sheila brought her lovely Wedding Ring Quilt to show us
A great Medallion day with some new faces

Hmmm - okay some not so new



























and Alice showed us a beautiful quilt she's been making on the side(!)

and I have FINALLY finished my hexagon garden hanging.......

                                                             ........and even started quilting it!!!




2 comments:

  1. You lucky thing. Who took the photos then? The price of wool is getting a bit silly I think.

    ReplyDelete