Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Thursday 6 November 2014

A Day in the City

Having seen all the pictures of the poppies at the Tower of London I've been dying to go.  My nose was particularly out of joint the other morning when Rueben had an upset tummy and I spent 2 hours cleaning up after him.  With a few minutes to spare before pitch and stitch I had a quick look at facebook and there was Sandra grinning back at me with a sea of poppies behind her!

After a lot of umming and ahing yesterday I finally decided I had to see them and so this morning George and I caught the train to London.  I had planned every year to take the children to London but it never happened so this was George's first time.  I'm not saying he's a country boy but when I asked him what he really wanted to see he said "just the sights, you know, Piccadilly Square".  I said we'd go there after Trafalgar Circus.

Anyway, we visited lots of places, George was thrilled to hear the tolling of the muffled bells of Westminster Abbey and we saw the Houses of Parliament with Big Ben and then the London Eye behind. 

But the real thrill was the Tower of London - it was spectacular and very poignant:




Beautiful!
 
We ended the day in Kensington where I wanted to do some serious shopping but ended up trailing after George while he bought new bits of wire from Currys!!

 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Well we went yesterday and you beat me to it with your blog entry. We saw The Lion King in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered if you'd go!! I think we all have the same pictures but it was so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab photos Joanne, so pleased you were able to go, it must have been an awesome sight and one that will stick in George's memory for ever ! Robert and I would have loved to go but responsibilities at home make it difficult, maybe might just make it before they are all removed ! Carole

    ReplyDelete