Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Thursday 18 December 2014

Bright Lights!

Just after George and I got back from seeing the poppies in London, our friends Trevor and Elizabeth Gore invited us to a Christmas service they go to in London.  They ask us every year, and we always say no, but because I was so excited at having been to the big smoke, I said yes.

As everyone knows, for the past two days I have been worried sick - what to wear?, what to do?, who will I speak to?  Anyway, I did go, and had an amazing time.

First we did a little bit of shopping and admired the lights












Fortnum and Mason's was beautiful


Then we went for a wonderful tea at


Then we went on to St George's, Hanover Square

for a really beautiful service.  The musicians and choir were amazing - it was incredibly uplifting.   It was also very exciting to hear the readings by people like John Sessions, Ian Hislop, David Nicholls and Dan Stephens.

We ended the evening at












where I made a new friend (sort of)













Then, as we were going through the foyer a (shortish) man in a tartan jacket strode past us, with his blonde wife who I smiled at thinking I knew her, followed by another couple - the man had spikey black hair.  It was Rod Stewart and  Ronnie Wood!

Meanwhile, back home things have been getting more Christmassy.  On Sunday we went to our own Carol Service in East Garston - it always looks so pretty with all the candles


And the Pitch and Stitch gang entered into the spirit of Christmas by meeting our Christmas jumper challenge


Hilarious!

And I finally got all my Christmas cards in the post - with special stamps I ordered from Royal Mail - I wonder how many people spotted them?





1 comment: