Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Sunday 28 December 2014

Christmas Stuff

Having just dropped Victoria and Ben off at Southampton for their journey home to Jersey, I thought I'd reflect a bit on all the goings on.  Most of it I've seen through the fog of an awful virus (it spread through the school like wildfire before the end of term) but it's on it's way out now.

The house was decked with holly and ivy and the tree was chopped down and brought home by Jonathan and George (along with a deer, squirrel and scottie dog).






My sister and her partner and Ben and Tori arrived on the 23rd, and then on Christmas Eve we had a few friends and neighbours round for Chilli, drinks and carols
It was a lovely evening.

Christmas Day arrived and we went off to church.  Victoria was pulled to the front to light the Advent candle and so we could applaud her work on the kneeler she'd made (which made me laugh).  Then  the service began.  Little Billy Tulloch went up to the front to do his reading.  I thought he did so well, putting a lot of effort into it and he was word perfect.  Then he stopped and did a little cough....then three more..... and then he threw up spectacularly.  I'm afraid to say I thought that was funny (but I did feel sorry for him) - but even funnier was having Rev Cawte carry on with the service with Freddie Tulloch hard at work with mop and bucket behind him!

Christmas dinner went well.....I took the sausages wrapped in bacon out of the oven 5 hours later:


Jonathan was very pleased with his singing, flying Snowman although I didn't get it to work properly until yesterday and a visit to the garden centre where they told me how to work it.

and Ben and Victoria liked their Beach Picnic Quilt I made them













Boxing Day we danced at The Swan and it was a lot of fun.  Cars were stopping so people could take photos and a number of shoot vehicles went past honking their horns.  The last time we had so many spectators was when we danced in Lambourn for the very first time.  About 15 people lined up to watch and we were thrilled until the bus came along and they all got on.

This morning was the East Garston Fun run and I enjoyed watching it with Reuben.  I'd have loved to join in but I'm not as fit as I'd like to be











And I'll leave you with the perfect Christmas Picture (ie, the two hours they weren't glued to their phones or watching cartoons on tv or sleeping in)

Enjoy the rest of the Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment