Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Wednesday 13 January 2016

January Surprise

I just went over to Maidencourt to see our little January surprise!











Isn't she cute?


She wasn't a complete surprise; the bull had got into the pen with the heifers last Spring, and Jonathan noticed that one of them looked ready to calve, but it was unplanned.

Here's mum


Now we wait until Valentine's day when the official calving is due to start.

When I got back, all the chickens came steaming up to me because they reckon it's teatime


Remember our rescue chickens?












all skinny and naked....

I wonder if you can pick them out now:

Only four of them survived, but they have plumped up and have full coats of feathers and although they let their heads sink when they sit down, they look very happy running around.

I was also pleased to see this morning that the birds have discovered the birdfeeder my nephew gave me for Christmas

All good news!








1 comment:

  1. Congrats for the calf. Chickens look very happy. I have been enjoying feeding the birds as well. Just put the last of my Christmas pudding out for them.

    ReplyDelete