Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Wednesday 15 January 2020

New Year - New Decade.....

and a big new start.

Well, maybe not so big, but a new start anyway.

The family business which should have been sorted by Christmas has only finally finished this week, so I need to stop being distracted and get back to being a chilled, productive and enthusiastic crafter.  Although some people may dispute that I was ever particularly chilled or productive, but I think I'm fairly enthusiastic.

Even though the blog went on the back burner the last few months, the workshops didn't and there were some amazing creations.

Both Ros and I were able to finish our Axminster wool mats in time for Christmas - and for mine to get posted off to a certain little boy's room in Jersey



We both really enjoyed crocheting these, and with a bit of footfall they should flatten out nicely....

Janet finished her lovely hexagon quilt top


Something particularly special about this quilt is that a few years ago a very good friend of ours, who came to a lot of workshops, died and her husband offered all of her sewing bits and pieces to us.  In the bundle were lots of old Laura Ashley hexagons - most cut out and basted onto papers, some pieced but all discarded a long time ago.  They have sat in the workshop for a long time but as I was watching Janet work I remembered them and wondered if they were the same size.  They were and we are so pleased that Janet was able to use them in her quilt!

Jackie managed to complete two more of her Luna Lupin friends



Denise managed to finish her lovely Christmas quilt - I really love the dark background


There were lots of great reindeer - this is Lynn's which I loved seeing in her window as I drove past over Christmas


and about 30 wreaths in all.



And, finally, our little group of sewing friends exchanged home-made Christmas gifts again:


Excellent gifts - a Christmas cushion, a book cover, a personalised pincushion, a printed shopper and a gift bag.  (I'm afraid my offerings were a bit more low key: felt tree ornaments -  but I was stressed so that's my excuse.)

Which leads me nicely to our Spring workshops here at Lorne Hill Farm.  I am working on the schedule now and we have some exciting plans - as well as quilt-making, knitting, perhaps a bit of macramé, at least 3 of the workshops are inspired by the gifts above: a book cover, an Easter Egg bag and a day printing bags.  I will publish the schedule as soon as it's done and hopefully you'll find something which suits you.

No comments:

Post a Comment