Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Sunday 16 February 2020

Rainy Days....

Well, when you look outside and all you can see is this


most crafty people seem to light a fire, make a cup of coffee and sit luxuriating in the cosiness of everything, crocheting a blanket or something. 

I don't.

I tend to go from window to window, moaning about how vile it is, try and take the dogs out and come back in soaked to the skin, sit staring at the computer for a bit to see what other people are doing - and they are all doing so much! -  drink another cup of tea, moan a bit more, and generally accomplish absolutely nothing.  I know it's really dire when I look at the TV pages in the paper and decide what to watch that evening.

Anyway, at about 3 o'clock this afternoon it did finally stop raining so I went for a long walk and felt a bit more at one with the world.

I have managed to finish a couple of things..... a knitted hat for my Mum because she liked the one I made Isaac so much, (never admire anything I make unless you truly want one for yourself)


 and I've finally finished the needlepoint I've been doing for an awfully long time


Just got to make it into a cushion now.

Other people have been busy - Sue completed her beautiful bed runner


and Carole and Toni came over last Thursday to baste the stunning quilt Carole has been making for her granddaughter. (I just sat chatting all morning.....I even forgot to make them a cup of coffee).


So much easier to do it sitting up at a table rather than crawling all over the floor and the quilt is really lovely


Jackie has made the Luna Lupin Fawn - she bought the kit as a Christmas present to herself - it was a promotion they did and you didn't know what it was until you opened the parcel.  She saved it to last on Christmas Day - but she isn't obsessed or anything.

 
So, a few things accomplished - I'd better get back to my Janie Crowe Magic Lantern blanket........

No comments:

Post a Comment