Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Thursday 15 January 2015

A beautiful Day

Well, a beautiful, crisp, cold and sunny day with blue skies - and what have I done?  Not taken Reuben for a walk, that's for sure, and he's making sure I know he knows by giving me long, meaningful stares and stretching full length across the floor like a bored teenager.  Bring on the guilt.....

I've spent the day on our Spring schedule.  We had a meeting yesterday (okay, a brilliant supper at the John O'Gaunt in Hungerford) and had a final discussion on what should go in.  Jackie said her favourite workshop was the primitive stitchery we did about five years ago

 
I love this Primitive, Americana type stuff.  In the workshop I have a signed Warren Kimble print which is one of my favourite things.  This stitchery was inspired by a book called Prairie Blessings by Kim Klassen - she would collect old stitcheries and penny rugs and then paint them because, she said, she can't stitch.  I decided to take them back to fabric.

Anyway, as a result of this I spent the morning making a springtime stitchery which we will be doing a workshop on in March


Not quite finished yet but nearly there.

Then I finished off the schedule and will send it out once it has been checked.  There's lots of interesting stuff going on; quilting, stitching, knitting, micro-macramé-ing and we have a few workshops on Saturdays.  Of course, we'll have a new beginners course starting the first Wednesday in February so we look forward to inviting new people to the world of quilting!

Anyway, I'm quite exhausted now so after I've fed the dogs I'm going to sit down.

The other annoying thing about it being such a bright day is that I can't believe how many cobwebs there are and how much dust there is in this house.  This weekend is going to be the big clean.........

No comments:

Post a Comment