Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Sunday 18 January 2015

A Carolynne's Cabin Weekend


I was very hopeful that we were going to be snowed in yesterday.  When I went to feed the chickens, there were the tiniest flakes of snow coming down and by breakfast time I looked out on this




 
I was very excited but after about seven and a half minutes it had stopped.  So that was that.  Hope it's not all we're going to get this winter.
 


So the Saturday of sledging was not to be, but someone had something else up his sleeve..... 
 
After breakfast Jonathan turned to me and said, "Joanne, I've done something....".  The look on his face was very familiar.  Jonathan has a place in the village he likes to sneak to when I'm not around.  It's called Carolynne's Cabin and it's his idea of heaven.  It's in the old shop and Carolynne and Colin buy and sell second hand furniture and antiques.  
 
carolyne%27s cabin



I wasn't surprised to hear that he'd been down to the cabin on Friday and had made some amazing finds (they always are).  He had, however, said I had to approve before he brought them home so I went down to the cabin to have a look..... and it was full of very familiar things!  As I looked around I saw Victoria's old table, a couple of small tables, pictures, a mirror - all things that used to be in our house - even an old alpine horn!  Anyway, there are now two more chest of drawers from us, and we have a new (old) chest of drawers, a cupboard, a pair of table lamps and a picture thrown in for free.  He just can't help it.

Meanwhile we have a problem with our roosters.  Three of my chicks have grown into cockerals and they have started to fight.  There is nothing more horrible - they are so vicious, and you feel so sorry for the ones being picked on.


Look how the big one in the middle of the picture is stalking the one running off to the right.  The poor thing was covered in blood.  We are going to have to get rid of three of them - I've asked Jonathan to do it tomorrow while I'm at work.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment