Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Sunday 25 January 2015

An email from the Blackforest

As you probably know, I am, and I really don't know why, a Morris Dancer.  It's a long story but to cut it really short my husband's crazy about it and if you can't beat them, join them.  Also, I feel quite strongly about tradition and feel it's part of our English heritage which should be saved.
Anyway, I've been exchanging emails with Silke from the Blackforest who stayed on our CL, and told her to look at various u-tube videos of the morris dancing - she was interested in it.
Like all Morris sides the Garston Gallopers, have particular clothes to wear and we have to stick to the purple and green which is our village colours


 
 
Anyway, Silke told me that " In the Blackforest we have traditional outfits, too. Usually those clothes got worn more in the South of the Blackforest and there are plenty of different kinds, depends in which village one lives. The most famous “Tracht” is the one from the village Gutach were the unmarried young girls wear a hat with red ball on top, black for the married ladies …"


So there you are - tradition!

Meanwhile I have been getting on with my knitted blanket

Every evening I try to quilt for an hour, then knit for a while.  I'm really enjoying doing it but still so slow - still, I love the Autumnal colours and modular knitting is really fun.

Our Medallion course starts up again on Wednesday - I wonder what lovely quilts we'll see.....


1 comment:

  1. Aah, pom poms - just what the Garston Gallopers are missing!!

    ReplyDelete