Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Sunday 4 October 2015

Late Summer

They say the weather's going to deteriorate tomorrow so we have been making the most of this sunny weekend.

Yesterday Karen and Peter showed off their racehorses they keep at the farm - they talked about how they are doing and we listened and ate all the delicious food they provided
 



 They looked beautiful.

Then I had a look around the garden - it all looked very pretty but too late



I need to look up what to do with this Mind Your Own Business - it has come on quite well since I covered it to keep the chickens off:

and I need to pick the last of my dried flowers.

 
 Finally, the Michaelmas Daisies looked lovely in the evening light


But as our Climbing Hydrangea shows - Autumn is creeping up on us:
 

Still, two things to look forward to:  the smocking workshop on Wednesday (two spaces left), and then a talk I'm going to in a couple of weeks' time by Louis de Bernieres at Hungerford Literary Festival - I really loved Captain Corelli's Mandolin so can't wait!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment