Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Saturday 31 October 2015

What A Show!


If you haven't made it to the Little Coxwell Quilters' exhibition in Steventon yet, you must go tomorrow.

I called in today, in between walking and exercising dogs, and it is wonderful.

 
How a little group of 12 quilters could produce this amount of work is astounding.  Here are some of my favourite pieces:

Our own Lynne Johnson's Mountmellick, adapted from Di Ford's pattern

 
Lynne's felt and tweed White House hanging
 
Catriona Karney had done a lot of work with felt which I really liked:

 
 
as well as her beautiful quilts.  This is a block from 'Duck Egg Quilt' by Catriona - a Di Ford Pattern
 
I thought this little Flower Garden designed by Di Ford and made by Mary Cotton was really pretty.
 


And then a surprise from Lynne:

'St Neots' - not her usual colours but I absolutely loved it!

Above is a block from 'My Blue Heaven' by Mavis Christer - I liked the way she had quilted it.

A traditional Pinwheel Quilt beautifully made by Julia Edmonds:

An amazing Dear Jane Civil War quilt made by Mavis Christer, in beautiful Liberty fabrics
 - so much work in every little square:











Fantastic Lynne Edwards' Baston Creek Medallion made by Jenny Garlick:
 
and I loved Jenny's Lynnette Anderson Flower Spool quilt:
 
 
 
Catriona's Basket Weave centre quilt and some stunning bags she has made:
 
and a table of ongoing projects:
Pentagons!
 
 
and finally, what we all like to see, quilts which have been passed down through the generations:
 
So many beautiful quilts that were so inspiring, and displayed beautifully.  I would like to put up photos of all them - but since there were more than 80 quilts alone, this is the best I can do!
What a show!

No comments:

Post a Comment