Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Sunday 11 October 2015

Smocking and then a Day Out!

What a very busy week!

Wednesday brought a surprise in that my Sunflowers have finally decided to bloom - in October!

And then on with the Smocking workshop - Jill Richards from Smocked Frocks (she'd just finished her 1,000th dress) took the class and she was brilliant.  Her smocked dresses are so beautiful


and we were fired with enthusiasm.  The 'other' table (as it came to be called) really got the hang of it and were making beautiful samplers.  'Our' table, which included Sandra  and me, struggled a bit.  In fact, it was rather like when my father tried to teach me long division...He'd show me how to do it, I'd be thrilled that I'd finally got it, then he'd walk away and I'd say "Come back, I've forgotten again".  Poor Jill was back and forth from Sandra and me all day!  However, we were inspired and will be furiously bidding on the pleating machine that Jackie let slip she saw on ebay!

This is Carol's sampler
and these are all our samplers


But I'm not saying which is mine!

Then, after what has really been quite an emotionally trying couple of weeks - we were thrilled to go with Miss Lemon's Wool Shop up to the Knitting and Stitching Show at the Ally Pally



So exciting - all the stands and displays and exhibits.  By 3 O'clock I was ready to drop but bursting with ideas.

I made a few well picked purchases, and can't wait to get started on the new projects.  I loved the Namolio stand - just a little stand but packed with linen fabric and threads which I have a particular weakness for:
 
Sara from  Black Sheep Wools had crocheted a lovely blanket in beautiful wool - she's sending me the pattern tomorrow - which I will start as soon as I finish the knitted blanket I'm working on


and I love Sue Stratford's knitted Christmas things


I loved being up in the Big Smoke, and the view from the Alexandra Palace across London is amazing

But, more importantly, it was great to come back home to the country with lots to look forward to!



2 comments:

  1. Smocking samplers looked great! Toni and I really enjoyed the Ally Pally Show too ! So much to see and such tired legs and backs after looking around! Very inspirational ! Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Long division must be easier than smocking!!

    ReplyDelete