Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Sunday 24 July 2016

And We're On!

That's what they say when the combine rolls out of the yard and out to the fields.  Harvest started on Friday, and the boys were out all that day and yesterday.  Today was one of those days when it looked like it could rain, but maybe it wouldn't.  This means Jonathan and George are kicking their heels around the house, not being able to decide whether or not to get on.....very frustrating,  but they have now decided that they are, in fact, on.

I'm trying to make my garden look great - it doesn't, but some bits are quite good.  The Tomatillos a friend from work gave me are really fascinating:
 

Can't wait to see how they open and then make green salsa from them.  I thought they looked like the Chinese Lanterns which are so pretty, and it seems they are from the same family.

The tomatoes I was given by Italian Maria have turned out to be plum tomatoes, which I've never grown before, so that's quite interesting too


I also rather like this plant:

 
which is Laurentia Astro and this, which is  a Night Sky Petunia
 
but I'm afraid the rest of the garden is very unspectacular.  Unbelievably I was able to pick enough beans for dinner yesterday but the plants actually look like dwarf plants - and my Sweet Peas are still less than a foot tall!  Oh well.....
 
We had a really good machine quilting class with Lynne on Wednesday - I actually managed to do it, although in a rather jerky fashion!
 

Still, more than I've ever done before!

And Sheila managed to sign her practise piece!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment