Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Tuesday 12 July 2016

Sew, Sew, Unpick, Unpick

Unbelievable!
Every single step of the way with my Medallion Quilt, it's been two steps forward and one back.

I had really started to fly with this border - 2nd or so from the last I think - and decided to lay it out before sewing it together:


Looking pretty good, I thought, and turned to get some more of the squares I'd pieced.

Here we go:


Hold on a mo - these have got borders, and all the others I've put together haven't

 
Time to start unpicking.......again!

And, just because we were pretty excited about it, here's a picture of a Garden Tiger Moth we came across the other day:

 
Very striking - and when it opened it's wings the inside wings were bright red!


2 comments:

  1. Paul always says measure twice cut once for woodwork I suppose it's the same sort of thing with quilting...think twice before sewing. Nice moth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! Seems some things don't change :-)
    Lovely moth!

    ReplyDelete