Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Tuesday 24 February 2015

A Good Morning for Finishing

We had a really good morning at Pitch and Stitch with loads of different crafty things going on.  It was so inspiring to see everyone working on their different projects. 

Barbara was down from Lancashire in her camper and we helped her baste her quilt

 
She has finished her Medallion and it is absolutely stunning - I know Lynne will love it when she sees it tomorrow.
Next to her was Denise who was busy putting the outside border on her lovely first quilt made in our Beginner's class last Summer (you're sewing a very neat line there Denise.....)


Sally was doing some piecing














Dorianna, after making everyone their drinks, settled down to making chickens for an Easter project


Sandra was crocheting this sweet little cardigan

 
Dawn was hooking her wool cushion


Barbara was working on her embroidery













and finally, Sandra C, who loves working in 3D, made this Polar Bear with felt

All very interesting.

And I'm very pleased to say I was finishing my hexagon wall-hanging (it's taken long enough).


I started it nearly two years ago at a weekend workshop we held with Helene B.  It was just supposed to be the centre square and I decided to use bondaweb because, I said, I wanted to finish it quickly.  Well, I would have, except that I decided I would do a hexagon border.  Hand stitching all those little hexagons took forever but, finally, it's finished.  Naturally Reuben made sure that even quilting it would be problematic, by cutting up my thread into 6 inch lengths

No comments:

Post a Comment