Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Monday 2 February 2015

And the next three.....

So, second day of the challenge....

Before I got into quilting - before I even knew what quilting was really, I did a lot of embroidery.

I was really pleased with this table cloth, and really annoyed when it got tea stains on it:


And a lot of work went into this cushion but I wish I'd known to use better fabric and sew it into a more attractive cushion:

And this is one of my first efforts at embroidery.  I would have been 12 or 13 and decided to decorate my mother's pillow slips.  My cousin Jen was always doing loads of crafts and she really inspired me, and then my mother would tell me how her aunts used to do a lot of embroidery.  She always said the back should be as neat as the front.  Anyway, my mum taught me some stitches and then my granny sent me a book of embroidery stitches which I still have.  I think this is probably the last surviving pillow slip and the embroidery is pretty threadbare but, still, it must be about 40 years old!


I'll see what I can dig out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment