Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Sunday 15 February 2015

Gloomy

Another damp, gloomy Sunday.  What a dark, dank winter we are having...today I haven't really known what to do with myself, which seems very wasteful.  I'm afraid I feel completely uninspired.  We are expecting calving to start any minute, and once that kicks in I should stop drifting about.  Reuben manages to keep himself busy guarding the chicken house.  The chickens are all out but he still takes his responsibility very seriously

The catkins and pussy willow are coming out which is a sign that spring will come again


but there isn't much colour anywhere.

Still, it's half term so I have a few days to get something accomplished.
Yesterday we had a really good workshop where the ladies made 'An Apple a Day' table mats
They all enjoyed putting their sewing machines to work and were very pleased with the results.

Next Saturday is the micro macramé workshops which I'm really looking forward to.
Now, before the day is over, I must go and DO something!!

Ps.  I had just finished writing this post when I got an email from Maureen.  She said, "Thank you for a great day yesterday, thoroughly enjoyed myself. Please also thanks Helene for me too.  As you can see from the photo the place mat is now finished and I am planning on making at least one more to match."

She included this photo:

Lovely!

1 comment:

  1. I read this after writing my blogpost for yesterday - entitled 'Mostly Brown and Grey'! I think 'Gloomy' sums it up very well :-)

    ReplyDelete